Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort Cozumel is committed to help Cozumel’s natural areas and living species. We have participated in active programs with the City Council and other local organizations to contribute in a positive way to this tropical paradise in México; the beautiful Cozumel Island has sheltered us through 24 years and has given us many things.
Our programs are part of what is considered Sustainable Tourism, a type of tourism which involves visitors and the local community in a same path to preserve a certain destination. Tourists and locals have to cause the lowest negative impact on the environment and culture, the positive effect: employment and cultural richness. Sustainable tourism implies taking some actions like:
- Gathering information about the culture, politics, and economy of the community being visited
- Anticipating and respecting local cultures, expectations and assumptions
- Contributing to intercultural understanding and tolerance
- Supporting the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses which conserve cultural heritage and traditional values
- Supporting local economies by purchasing local goods and participating with small, local businesses
- Conserving resources by seeking out businesses that are environmentally conscious, and by using the least possible amount of non-renewable resources
In a few words: fully conscious of the place you are visiting and contributing to its preservation.
On the other hand, we have also considered some ecotourism related actions. Different from the popular belief, ecotourism‘s purpose is to educate the traveler, providing funds to ecological conservation and seeking respect for cultural, human and environmental rights.
These programs focus on volunteer work enhancing personal growth and environmental responsibility. In other words, our goal is to offer visitors an insight into the impact of men on the environment, favoring a greater appreciation of Cozumel’s natural habitats.
- Marine Turtle Protection and Conservation Program – from May to October
- Red Mangrove Reforestation
- Beach cleaning brigades
- Awareness campaigns about endemic and local species
Donations accepted. These donations are invested ONLY in the acquisition of material used directly by biologists and brigades of the City Council and printed material and t-shirts made by Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort to raise awareness.
All the water used at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort Cozumel is heated through solar panels. Rooms have energy saving systems activated only when someone is in the room. Waste baskets use a reusable paper bag to avoid the consumption of plastic bags.